Symposium and Signing Event: Greening Financial Decision Making – Financing the Green Transition
4 April 2016, Frankfurt
In light of the 2016 G20 focus on Green Finance and the German G20 presidency in 2017, SEB and GIZ jointly organized a symposium on Greening Financial Decision Making – Financing the Green Transition. The objective of the event was to present new research, instruments and approaches to integrate environmental indicators in financial decision making in order to mobilize the capital urgently needed for green investments. Based on these presentations, we discussed with policy makers, finance professionals and international experts, what steps need to be taken to enable our financial system(s) to support the green transformation.
Furthermore, the event served to celebrate the official signing and start of the Strategic Alliance between SEB and GIZ on Green Bond Market Development in G20 Emerging Economies.
- Richard Mattison, Trucost: Measuring Risk Exposure and Positive Environmental Impacts
- Simone Dettling, GIZ: Integrating Water in Financial Decision-Making
- Helmut Kotschwar, J. Safra Sarasin: Environmental Indicators and Strategies in Asset Management
- Robert Muir-Wood, Risk Management Solutions (RMS): Modeling Drought Risk to Stress Test Corporate Lending Portfolios
- Rodrigo Porto, Banco Central do Brasil: Monitoring and Managing Environmental Risk in the Brazilian Financial Sector (video)
- Gabriel Rangel Visconti, Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES): Financing the Green Transition in Brazil
- Marina Grossi, Brazilian Business Council for Sustainable Development (CEBDS): Supporting Green Bond Market Development in Brazil
- Aldo Romani, European Investment Bank (EIB): Perspectives from a Green Bond Issuer