Green Bonds in China
In order to mobilize capital at scale urgently required to achieve China’s commitment to peak in its carbon dioxide emissions around 2030 and reduce carbon intensity 60-65 percent below 2005 levels, the green bond pioneer Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) and GIZ’s Emerging Markets Dialogue on Finance, jointly with their Chinese partners, seek to support the development of a prosperous and sustainable green bond market in China.
To promote highest environmental, market and transparency standards, the Strategic Alliance (STA) aims to raise awareness, enhance practical knowledge and build professional capacity on green bonds as (re-)financing and investment tool. Core activities comprise a workshop series, roundtables, symposia and individual advisory support for key stakeholder groups, including potential issuers, investors, underwriters, regulators & policy makers, as well as external verifiers.
The events serve to provide a platform for learning and knowledge exchange through engagement with leading international and domestic green bond experts who share their profound knowledge and hands-on technical expertise on the pillars that constitute a robust green bond framework.
- Conference: Green Bonds and Green Finance in China (7 Apr 2016, Beijing)
- Workshops I: Green Bond workshop for Regulators & Financial Institutions (27 Sep 2016, Beijing)
- Workshop II: Second Opinions for Green Bonds (28 Sep 2016, Beijing)
- Workshop III: Green Bond Workshop for Regulators, Issuers, Underwriters, Investors & Verifiers (2 Mar 2017, Beijing)
- Roundtable: External Reviews: Facilitating International Green Bond Investments in China (20 Sep 2017, Beijing)
- Training Conference: Green Bonds in China & Globally: Trends, Innovation & International Investor Perspectives (21 Sep 2017, Beijing)
- Guidelines & Regulation:
- People’s Bank of China: Green Bond Endorsed Project Catalogue (Dec 2015)
- International Capital Markets Association (ICMA): The Green Bond Principles 2017
- External review:
- Impact Reporting:
- WGreen Bonds – Working towards a Harmonized Framework for Impact Reporting (Dec 2015)
- Nordic Public Sector Issuers: Position Paper on Green Bonds Impact Reporting (Oct 2017)
Domestic Implementation Partners