Green Bonds in Brazil
In order to mobilize capital at scale urgently required to achieve Brazil’s commitment to reduce emissions by 43 percent until 2030, the green bond pioneer Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken (SEB) and GIZ’s Emerging Markets Dialogue on Finance, jointly with their Brazilian partners, seek to support the development of a prosperous and sustainable green bond market in Brazil.
To promote highest environmental, market and transparency standards, the Strategic Alliance (STA) aims to raise awareness, enhance practical knowledge and build professional capacity on green bonds as (re-)financing and investment tool. Core activities comprise a workshop series, roundtables, symposia and individual advisory support for key stakeholder groups, including potential issuers, investors, underwriters, regulators & policy makers, as well as external verifiers.
The events serve to provide a platform for learning and knowledge exchange through engagement with leading international and domestic green bond experts who share their profound knowledge and hands-on technical expertise on the pillars that constitute a robust green bond framework.
- Symposium: Greening Capital Markets in Brazil – Paving the Way for Green Bonds (28 Jun 2016, São Paulo)
- Workshop I: Definitions, Selection & Verification (13 & 14 Dec 2016, São Paulo)
- Workshop II: Monitoring, Reporting & Market Aspects (4 & 5 Apr 2017, São Paulo)
- STA publication: Green Bonds – Ecosystem, Issuance Process and Regional Perspectives | Brazil Edition (Nov 2017)
- Launch at the COP 23 Side Event: The Path to Low-Carbon Development (10 Nov 2017, Bonn, Brazilian Pavilion)
- Presentation at the Meeting of the Brazilian Green Finance Initiative (13 Dec 2017, São Paulo)
- CEBDS & FEBRABAN: Guidelines for Issuing Green Bonds in Brazil 2016
- International Capital Markets Association (ICMA): The Green Bond Principles 2017
- External review:
- CICERO: List of second opinions
- CICERO: Shades of Climate Risk Report
- Impact Reporting:
- Green Bonds – Working towards a Harmonized Framework for Impact Reporting (Dec 2015)
- Nordic Public Sector Issuers: Position Paper on Green Bonds Impact Reporting (Oct 2017)
Domestic Implementation Partners