Workshop II: Understanding, Quantifying and Managing Natural Capital Risks in the Brazilian Market
15 December 2014, São Paulo
During the workshop, the findings of the study Quantifying the Natural Capital Risk Exposure of Financial Institutions in Brazil, commissioned by CEBDS and GIZ and conducted by TruCost, were presented. The objective of the study was to provide Brazilian financial institutions with an understanding of the magnitude of the natural capital risks they are exposed to through their funding and investments, and to identify high-risk sectors and regions. The presentation was followed by two group exercises in which natural capital risks were quantified at company and portfolio level. The second part of the workshop was dedicated to tools for valuing and quantifying water risk exposure. The pilot project on quantifying water risk in corporate bonds was discussed, and an overview of the WWF water risk filter was given.
- Richard Mattison; TruCost: Quantifying the Natural Capital Risk Exposure of Financial Institutions in Brazil
- Simone Dettling, GIZ: Embedding Water Risk in Corporate Bond Analysis
- Karina Koloszuk, WWF: Ferramentas WWF
- Case Study 1: Portfolio Analyser
- Case Study 2: Financial Analysis